Friday, March 2, 2012

What we have been doing

Here is just a pretty picture I took while hiking a few weeks ago.  It's hard to imagine that it's still winter everywhere else.


For President's Day, we did something a little unusual, especially for Jeremy.  We went to the Getty Villa Art Museum.  It is in Malibu in a very pretty little valley.  It only has Greek, Roman, and Etruscan art, and the building is modeled after a Roman house (obviously a rich Roman).  The gardens were great and Jeremy was great looking at all the statues and vases with me.  We spent a whole 2 hours there and no complaints were heard.  It was amazing ;) I have such a wonderful husband.




Last week, we decided to try out a new beach (Dockweiler Beach).  Its the beach right next to the airport and it was really cool watching all the planes take off above us.



I was walking by our badly neglected garden when I decided to pick the carrots to see if any were worth eating.  We planted them a really long time ago and haven't watered them in 2 or 3 months so I wasn't expecting much.  But look what we got!  They look funny, but they were so sweet and delicious.  Here's the funny part of the story.  I was so excited that I texted Jeremy and said I had a surprise for him at home.  This was not a good text when so much is going on here along with the fact that we could have our little girl at any moment now.  I felt bad and stupid and had to text that it wasn't that awesome, just carrots.  What a let down.


Here's the nursery.  I made the crib skirt most recently.  Jeremy's sister, Nicole, made us the butterfly mobile for Christmas and it matches perfectly!  Jeremy's mom made the Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls along with many other things.  This little girl is already spoiled.


All the fabric boxes are finished and full of stuff.  Its amazing how much stuff we have suddenly accumulated.  Now we just need the baby!

1 comment:

Mal. said...

Tell jeremy he is awesome! And your nursery looks cute and is all ready! Bring on baby!