At 7 months old, Kaitlyn still loves to swing. She is laughing at everything now and has become very ticklish in the last few weeks. Now when I change her diaper, she laughs even if I accidentally touch her stomach or legs.
Kaitlyn is very determined to learn how to walk and crawl, but she's still not there (Mom, you haven't missed it during your travels). She loves when we help her balance and she takes steps in whatever direction she feels like. She is also close to crawling and gets on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth (video coming soon). She can move her feet or knees, but hasn't figured out that her hands have to move too. Most of the time she ends up scooting backwards which is frustrating when her toy was right in front of her.
Sometimes she doesn't like the grass on her skin.
Kaitlyn loves music and loves playing the piano too. This keeps her entertained for quite a while.
I bought myself some new running shoes that I love. My feet were really hurting when Jeremy mentioned that I had not bought any running shoes the whole time we've been married (3 1/2 years) so I decided it was time or my feet would not last another run. We have been taking Kaitlyn running with us almost every morning (most times Jeremy goes first and I get a little more sleep and he comes back and I take Kaitlyn again). She loves the stroller and we have beautiful places to run.
As you may notice, these pictures have some beautiful soft carpet in them. Our apartment has the almost black and dark blue indestructible carpet with no padding underneath. It makes the whole apartment very dark and shows every speck of dirt too. I saw a friends apartment with nicer carpet and they said they just got some at Home Depot and put it over the top of their existing carpet. So we went to Home Depot and found an old remnant of super nice carpet that used to be $750 and we got it for $170. Turns out it was measured wrong at the store and we had enough for our family room downstairs, Kaitlyn's room, and some of our room too. We LOVE our new carpet. It feels so much more like a home.
Yesterday we went to Castle Rock State Park (about a 35 minute drive south) and hiked around a loop. It was a little chilly so we left Kaitlyn in her pink bear pajamas. It was such a beautiful place with really cool rocks, lots of tall trees, ferns and moss covering everything. Kaitlyn loved arching her back in the front pack to look up at the tops of the trees.
Kaitlyn likes touching everything and pulling off leaves.
This is a tree that looked like a big root system above us.
Easter Island... with a ghost underneath.
Not the most flattering picture of Jeremy, but Kaitlyn was too cute.
Someone should come visit us... and everyone else too.
She thought the moss was pretty awesome.
2 comments:
Oh my goodness, she is smiley and adorable.
Nat this is Kevin,
I liked the story about your new carpet pretty cool!
Katlin is a cutie it looks like you guys are having lots of fun
Post a Comment