Happy Halloween!
This year has been so much fun because I got to dress up our beautiful daughter as her favorite animal, a duck!
A few weeks before Halloween, I decided to use a tutorial on how to make a penguin from makeit-loveit.com. It was a very good tutorial because I have never made anything like this before. It even shows how to use dresses she has already as the pattern. It ended up fitting perfectly (although in another week or two it will be too small). I followed a different blog for the hat and had to make 2 because the first was too small and Kaitlyn didn't like me trying it on her head before it was done.
The best part is that I submitted it to makeit-loveit.com to enter the costume contest and Kaitlyn made the cut! She's famous! Jeremy has been making fun of me all day about how excited I am about this. I guess I think its pretty cool to be on a blog that I follow almost religiously.
Here we are at our ward Halloween party (Kaitlyn had just been woken up prematurely and wasn't that happy yet, but its the only picture of all of us). We were in charge of activities at the ward party and a very nice lady in the ward took Kaitlyn for most of the party so we could help all the other kids play the games and pop the balloons.
We walked to the law school trick or treating and showed her off for a while. Then we went to our courtyard Halloween potluck and ate with our neighbors until we had to go home for Kaitlyn's happiness and to give out candy. It was a great Halloween!
She wants to fly!
If you haven't seen enough of our Kaitlyn duck, then watch this video of her walking. She loves walking and has a lot less interest in crawling.
4 comments:
Thanks for posting so fast. She is so cute as a duck and I love the video!
I loved seeing her on the make it love it website! Good job on her costume, she makes a cute little duck :)
Oh the cuteness!!!
Alexis was a duck too (my mom told me to come check out your post and see Kaitlyn's version).
I love Halloween and thanks for introducing me to the makeit website. LOVE! Now I'm inspired to make a costume next year instead of buying it. Yours turned out so well. I love how it has the big eyes on top!
Blog on
Janet
Oh my gosh you are so famous. I am also addicted to the website makeit-loveit.com. That is awesome that your costume made it...it looks so cute. Now I'm inspired by that website AND by you! Happy Halloween!
p.s. Kaitlyn is such a cute duck and a cute girl!
Post a Comment