Monday, April 9, 2012

One Month old on Easter!

Happy Easter everyone!  Kaitlyn turned one month old yesterday and it is crazy how fast time has gone already.  Last Tuesday, Kaitlyn had her first real smile I think.  Usually she smiles as she's falling asleep or waking up, there's something about that mostly asleep phase that she really likes.  This time she was wide awake and smiled at me right after I smiled at her.  It was so amazing!  
Kaitlyn had a rough few days during General Conference because she was very gassy, but she woke up Tuesday happy as can be and that big smile was when I knew she felt better.  She has been her wonderful happy self ever since.  I am blaming the fact that I fed her while hiking and walking at the San Diego Zoo last week and she swallowed too much air while I was bouncing her around.
Another first from this week was that Kaitlyn rolled over!  This was not on purpose and I doubt she will replicate it again for a long time.  She had her hand folded next to her face and she was flailing her legs and happened to flail just the right way to flip her over to her back.



We love our naked little baby!



Kaitlyn doesn't like tummy time very much, so this is a rare picture of her lifting her head without crying.  She usually starts out pretty happy and gets progressively more upset until she's screaming to end tummy time.


She got an Easter duck, but doesn't care about toys yet. Also, Kaitlyn is a great sleeper most of the time.  She slept for a 5 hour stretch on Thursday night which was amazing!  Usually she needs to eat every 2 to 3 hours or every hour sometimes, so it was really awesome to get a little longer to sleep for me.


I love this outfit of hers!


Kaitlyn is ready for Easter Sunday!


She already likes the computer.

2 comments:

ugkuyg said...

First smiles are the best. We missed you at Easter by the way :(

Lorna said...

She looks like she is chubbing up, but then I see the picture of Jeremy holding her and she is so little! I love, love, love seeing any and all pictures of her. She is so beautiful! We did miss you all at Easter.