Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Arizona Hot Springs

Last weekend's adventure was going to the REI Garage Sale in Henderson, and going on a hike to Arizona Hot Springs.  The garage sale wasn't near as good as the ones in Utah because I think the Utah REI's sell a lot more in the equipment area while Vegas people buy mostly clothes.  This means that there aren't as many awesome deals on returns.  With this said, we still found some biking gloves for me and some Chaco sandals for Jeremy for a total of $21.  After that, we headed across Hoover Dam to Arizona.  There is a hike that goes from the freeway down through a number of narrow canyons to the Colorado River below the dam.



 Here is the Colorado River looking upriver towards the dam.



 It was amazing how clear the water was here.


After reaching the river, we headed back up a different canyon and the water started getting warmer and warmer.  It was pretty hot by the time we headed up this ladder.


I took off my shoes to walk through the pools and this is the end when I was putting my shoes back on.


On the hike out, we saw real live wildlife!  It really exists here, but I would've migrated if I were these deer/goats.



We thought this rock was the inspiration for the "All-Seeing-Eye" in Lord of the Rings.

2 comments:

Mal. said...

you guys are awesome. see natalie, you totally needed a blog to share all your adventures because that is all you guys do! i love it. one day kevin will take the time to go on a adventure with me!

Lorna said...

This looks fun. It also looks very barren. I love seeing the pictures and reading about your adventures! Keep it up!