I have started a hiking group with some friends and we try to go every Wednesday. This week was the third time we have gone and it is so fun getting a little out of LA and into the beautiful Santa Monica Mountains. Everyone always comments about us and our babies, but we have a great time!
A lot of people in LA are not used to babies, but one lady took the cake. She stopped us and asked the ages of our babies and when I said 6 weeks, she asked, "Is she old enough to open her eyes yet?" (Kaitlyn was asleep.) I didn't know that a woman in her 40s could live that long without knowing that babies are born with that capability... maybe she has too many kittens.
This first picture is actually Kaitlyn's first hike at 2 weeks and 2 days old. It was very short, Jeremy biked and I went to the end of the trail and walked up until we met.
This was the first mom hike. It was so much fun that we are doing every week now. This trail was one Jeremy and I found on accident two weeks before and was Kaitlyn's first legitimate hike at 3 weeks. This picture is at 5 weeks.
This was taken at 6 weeks. It was only 2 (well 4) of us and nobody was at the top to take a picture of us together. I love his sunglasses.
This hike is beautiful with ivy covering everything in the little valleys.
Some moms decided that it was time to upgrade to backpacks instead of front packs this week.
This is Kaitlyn at 8 weeks. She sleeps almost every time she is in the front pack.
Three out of four babies asleep.
5 comments:
oh man, the lady asking if Kaitlyn could open her eyes made me laugh out loud.
LOL. That is hilarious! Looks like a blast:)
I wish I lived close by and could come with you! I totally would.
That comment about the lady made me laugh. I think she does own to many cats!! Kaitlyn is going to love hiking before she can even walk.
Super cool idea, and super cute blog. Glad I can keep in touch and see what you are up to. I just added you to my blog too. Love ya!
Post a Comment