Monday, January 30, 2012

December Catch Up

Since I haven't done much blogging, I thought I would get most of December in one post.  After Jeremy finished his first semester of law school, we drove down to San Diego and went to the San Diego Temple.  It was beautiful with all the Christmas lights!  What an amazing temple, it looks like a fairy tale palace.  We ended our date night with eating at Outback Steakhouse, my favorite!





This is the view of LA from Griffiths Observatory.  
We are up close to the hill with the Hollywood sign.




Here is the LA Temple with its Christmas lights.  I love the palm trees.




We got a deal to go whale watching for 2 hours and this is our way out of the harbor with the huge cranes.  We were so excited to see whales and dolphins, but we spent the whole 2 hours looking and searching.


Finally on the way back to land, we saw these Sea-Lions on the buoy.   That was it.  As fun as it was to watch the sea-lions push each other off, we were really annoyed that there were no whales or dolphins...


This was a hike to Point Dume in Malibu.  We love this area and it is our favorite beach (Zuma Beach).  This is also where Tony Stark's house is in Iron Man (it doesn't really exist).



After hiking to the top, we kept going and found a tide pool with sea anemones, starfish, and lots of birds.



After getting back to Zuma Beach,  Jeremy did some boogie boarding in the cold water.  Apparently it's not too cold for him though.


We went to Ellensburg, WA for Christmas and had a blast!  I only took these pictures though because we were having too much fun to remember a camera.  One of the days we drove up to the pass to go sledding with our two nieces, but they didn't really like it that much.  There was only a little snow there, but we brought it back with us to make a snowman.  The boys tried to make it on the front porch without Jeremy's parents hearing, but then the base cracked and the whole thing came down.  No snowmen knocked on their door, but we rebuilt it on the grass.  It stayed up long enough for pictures, but it was too full of water to stay up for long.



After spending a wonderful time with the Gibb side, we flew to Utah and spent a while in Draper with the Browers.  We didn't take any pictures here, but had a blast with everyone!  The only sad thing was that there was no snow!  How can it be Christmas without snow??  It was great to spend Christmas and New Years with family.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Craig is going to be so jealous when I tell him you went to the place where Tony Stark's house should be. That is pretty awesome. Miss you guys! Hope all is well with the baby:)
PS. I still think you need to be a photographer. Next time you are at the Bountiful temple, you should take one for us. I want one for our house, but don't like any I can find.